页面

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Annual Round The Island Relay 2015

Date: 13th December 2015 (Sunday)
Time: 4:00am
Venue: City Hall, Esplanade, Penang
Distance: 3.91km [Individual], 72.63km [Team]
Result: 00:18:25 [Individual], 04:46:58 [Team]
Pace: 04:43/km [Individual], 03:58/km [Team]
Rank: 2 [Team]
Shoes: Mizuno Wave Hitogami

Thank you my teammates give me the opportunity to run with them.

I'm running the 4th leg, which is a 2km flat + 2km up hill route. I drop my baton when 3rd leg passing it to me, due to an accident. Luckily is not major, I faster pick up the baton again to start my run.

First 2km flat road I try to follow my heart to run. Until the up hill I start to slow down, unable to keep up my pace. This is where an Indian runner cross me, make my team overall position drop from 3rd to 4th.

As the up hill route is quite long, I almost lost my focus to keep running, thinking to walk instead. But I know it very well, no matter how hard it is, if I choose to walk for my team, I'm gonna be very dead.

Suddenly I hear my teammate call my name from far, then I realize the 5th station is near. I try my best to pass the baton to 5th leg, and my tough run is finally over.

No comments: