页面

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Shah Alam 21km Night Run 2016

Date: 17th January 2016 (Sunday)
Time: 2:00am
Venue: Dataran Shah Alam, Selangor
Distance: 10km (10.41km)
Result: 00:47:39
Pace: 04:35/km
Rank: 12
Shoes: Mizuno Wave Hitogami

This is another race that having distance marker on every km, great organize.

I start the race with 4:35/km pace on the first distance marker. I try to follow my heart to run this time, not much care about my pace.

First 3km was pacing with a white shirt Malay guy, he see me having a serious fight with him, he then tell me he is doing illegal run, no bib on his shirt.

After 4km, the white shirt guy is leave behind. I then maintain my pace until 6km and see my second target, a green shirt Malay guy call Khairulakman.

I keep following Khairulakman from 6km till 9km. I get closer to him on up hill route, but my gap with him always get far on down hill route. Finally on the last km, I manage to overtake him, but it only last for a while. He stay strong and give me great fight until the last 500m, he suddenly tell me he is in veteran category, we are not required to fight so hard.

But I need to thanks Khairulakman for bringing me back in strong pace also. If he is not there, I would have slow down at early stage.

No comments: